TED A DAY
Collecting dots is a forward journey, while connecting them is a backward journey. It's interesting that we have no idea how the dots will connect later on.
One of the amazing connections I've made is my ritual of watching a TED talk every day. It was born out of my boring office commutes over the course of a decade.
I loved the ritual because it quenched my curiosity and unconsciously developed my storytelling skills. I didn't realize this until I received multiple public speaking requests.
TED talks are an underrated education channel. Some of the best minds have discussed their life's work in less than 18 minutes. You can passively learn how to tell a heart-melting story with wit, grace, compassion, and wisdom.
Join our storytelling club to learn from these masters sprint after sprint. Check the first comment for the link to join the makers club. Even if you're not a member of the club, here's a list of TED talks you can't miss from my not to miss list.
- Sir Ken Robinson - "Do Schools Kill Creativity?"
- Brené Brown - "The Power of Vulnerability"
- Amy Cuddy - "Your Body Language May Shape Who You Are"
- Simon Sinek - "How Great Leaders Inspire Action"
- Jill Bolte Taylor - "My Stroke of Insight"
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - "The Danger of a Single Story"
- Hans Rosling - "The Best Stats You've Ever Seen"
- Elizabeth Gilbert - "Your Elusive Creative Genius"
- Dan Pink - "The Puzzle of Motivation"
- Susan Cain - "The Power of Introverts"
- Julian Treasure - "How to Speak So That People Want to Listen"
- Shawn Achor - "The Happy Secret to Better Work"
- Alain de Botton - "A Kinder, Gentler Philosophy of Success"
- Sheryl Sandberg - "Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders"
- David Blaine - "How I Held My Breath for 17 Minutes"
- Esther Perel - "The Secret to Desire in a Long-Term Relationship"
- Andrew Solomon - "The Power of the Worst Experiences"
- Dan Gilbert - "The Surprising Science of Happiness"
- Bryan Stevenson - "We Need to Talk About an Injustice"
- Tim Urban - "Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator"
- James Veitch - "This is What Happens When You Reply to Spam Email"
- Anil Seth - "Your Brain Hallucinates Your Conscious Reality"
- Monica Lewinsky - "The Price of Shame"
- Reshma Saujani - "Teach Girls Bravery, Not Perfection"
- Benjamin Zander - "The Transformative Power of Classical Music"